Danielle
If you know me at all, you know that I am a music fan.  I love all music.  I especially love when an artist feels their music.  You watch him or her perform a song and it's as if he is in another world.  Maybe he is.  He's really experiencing his music, which in turn, gives his audience the absolute best musical experience.  It tells a story and I just love it!  One of my most favorite genres is probably soul music.  Or maybe it's not even the genre necessarily.  I love that raspy tone to a voice.  I guess since I enjoy the feeling of music so much, for me, the rasp adds a touch of wear to a voice.  A sense of world experience.  You can truly believe their story because it sounds like they've been there, done that.  I also really love how music mixes all kinds of people.  You get the best songs and collaborations that way, in my opinion. 

Here are a few videos I thought I'd share.  An interview with Marc Broussard.  If you don't know who he is.....check him out....now!  Seriously, one of my favorites!

Linkin Park covering Adele's "Rolling in the Deep."  What?!  How different are these 2 artists?  And yet, here they are covering her song....and all the fans are singing right along.  THAT'S what's I'm talking about!  (I love LP AND Adele!)


Lastly, I was flipping through stations the other day in the car.  I settled on XM's The Message.  The next song was a new one by NewWorldSon.  I LOVED it.  I had never heard of them before, so I made sure to look them up the next time I was able.  (Does anyone else do this?  I expand my musical collection all the time, simply by flipping channels on the radio.  haha)  They've been around since 2007.  Turns out I DO know a few of their other songs, just never paid much attention.  Here's one by them.....talkin' bout that sweet soul music.  :)



Marc Broussard said in an interview, "Music has never been about being perfect, it's been about the ebb and flow of life."  That is so very true, and it's exactly what I love about music.  It can be uplifting, make you dance, make you cry, make you sing along.  It's a powerful, beautiful thing and I love it all.  That's me, lover of music, honestly.
0 Responses

Post a Comment