Danielle
We just had 2 large kids consignment sales in our area.  I had never been to one of these before I got pregnant, but I went to my first one when I was around 6ish months.  I just wanted to check it out.  I didn't expect anything.  I bought whatever I stumbled upon and liked.  I was happy with the deals I found.  This time around, our financial situation is a bit different.  I prepared for these sales and I went in with a PLAN.  I made a list of the items I wanted/needed.  I put blinders on so I wouldn't deviate from the list too bad.  I did end up with a few toys which weren't on the list.  Anyway.  I decided to track our savings this time. 

Here's what I got for $150: 

(2) Bumbo seats
(2) Bumbo trays
Boppy
Boppy cover
Bathtub
Mesh Bumpers (Breathable Baby)
Rainforest Jumperoo
Gated Play Yard
Cart/High Chair Cover
ABC Caterpillar
Parents' Shape Sorter
Spin and Discover Globe

All for $150!  And I'm pretty picky.  All of this stuff is in practically perfect condition.  Compared to current retail prices, I saved nearly $300.  I'm so thankful for programs/sales like this.  One day, I'll return the favor by offering up my baby's things at a good bargain to a new mom in need.  For now, my baby is loving her toys and products.  And her thrifty momma!  That's me, bargain hunter, honestly.
0 Responses

Post a Comment